f you dream of planning events, developing tourism and experience economy, or securing good customer relations, then an AP degree in Service, Hospitality and Tourism Management is the right choice for you!
With an AP degree in Service, Hospitality and Tourism Management you
will be equipped with relevant and up-to-date business practices based
upon the latest research and theory within the field. Through the 2-year
study programme you will acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to
successfully participate in the daily operations of a service business.
Studying Service, Hospitality and Tourism Management in Odense or Vejle, you will become part of an exciting and modern study environment under constant development. As a student you have a large influence on your study environment, and you will meet students from a wide variety of countries.
The Service, Hospitality and Tourism Management programme is a 2-year
full-time international course taught over four semesters. The teaching
is based on lecturing and class discussions between students and
teachers along with group work with fellow students solving challenging
and educative tasks.
The education is structured in a compulsory part, an elective part, a main project as the concluding part and 13-weeks internship placed in 4 semester.
The compulsory part
The compulsory part is divided into four overall subject areas:
- Services and Experiences – includes analyses of the hospitality concept, and the understanding of the concept of guests, including customer behaviour in relation to the company’s services
- Business understanding – includes an analysis of the company’s livelihood. Focus is on the internal, and external situation with a view to developing the company’s financial operations and creating a holistic understanding of the company’s present situation
- Cooperation and Relations – includes communication and management forms in an intercultural perspective with focus on the interaction with the guest and the employee. Focus is on analysis and data material as the basis of developing internal and external communication in a national and international perspective
- Business development – includes strategic planning, innovation, intrapreneurship and entrepreneurship in respect of developing existing companies as well as new products and services. Focus is on analysing the growth potential, including assessment of the financial and organisational consequences of development activities
Your entire knowledge from the different courses will be included in the work with cases and issues from the industry. Finally you will tie it all together in your final project which you will prepare in relation to a corporation.
Please note: Economics is a central subject and you are expected to have basic Excel skills.
Please read more about the education in the core curriculum in the ‘download’ section.
The elective part
The elective part provides you with the opportunity to focus on subjects of your own specific interest.
The elective subjects offered are:
- Hotel and Restaurant Management
- Tourism Management
- Service Management
You choose your elective course before you start on the study programme. The study programme is divided in a compulsory part and an elective part.
View more info in the Curriculum, which can be downloaded from the sidebar.
With an AP Degree in Service, Hospitality, and Tourism Management you will gain a solid foundation for an exciting career. The education gives you opportunities for employment later on in Danish or foreign companies as:
- Marketing Coordinator
- Sales Coordinator
- Food & Beverage Assistant
- Event Coordinator
- Front office Personnel
- Travel Agency Booking Assistant
- Project Assistant
- Conference Personnel
- Sponsor Advisor
After graduating from Service, Hospitality, and Tourism Management there are good opportunities for further education at business schools and universities in Denmark and abroad.
Among the possibilities are:
- International Hospitality Management
- International Sales and Marketing
- Sport Management
- B.Sc. in Economics and Business Administration can be obtained within 1 ½ years
- One-year credit transfer to the Social Science Basic Studies education.
- B.Sc. in Business Administration and Service Management can with an AP degree in Hospitality- or Tourism Management be obtained within 2 years.
There is an agreement for 1½ years top up in addition.
Transfer to institutions abroad
Oxford Brookes University: With an AP degree in Hotel Management credit transfer to a B.Sc. degree is possible.
Plymouth University: With an AP degree in Tourism Management credit transfer to a B. Sc. degree is possible.
Agreements with the following education institutions exist:
- Harstad University College, Norway
- School of Hotel Management, Stavanger, Norway
- Hawaii Pacific University, Honolulu, USA
- International College of Hotel Management, Adelaide, Australia (via HRS / NOEA)
- School of Hotel Management, Switzerland
- NHTV Breda University of Professional Education
- CHN University, Stenden University Leeuwarden, the Netherlands