Competition is increasing in the international market, making the demand for skilled employment within the areas of marketing, economics and human resources even higher. Especially if one person is able to work with different assignments across all fields.
Our BA degree in International Business gives you the most important tools you need to solve the kinds of complex challenges that occur when working in an international environment.
You will gain insights into specific techniques and methods within financial management, intercultural communication and human resource management, enabling you to work on your assignments in a very professional way.
The bachelor in international business is a part-time and international programme, offered by Leeds Beckett University in co-operation with IBA International Business Academy in Kolding, and is 100% via e-learning. It is a top-up programme that corresponds to the third year of a full-time bachelor and builds on top of two year programmes like the Danish AP degrees or the British DipHE or HND programmes.
Choosing an e-learning programme gives you maximum freedom and flexibility during your studies. The classes are a combination of live online seminars and teaching via our digital platform. All seminars are recorded, so you can watch them regardless of time and place.
Benefits of e-Learning
- E-learning is a great way to progress further in your career – you can balance the demands of your course with your everyday commitments, allowing you to keep working while you learn.
- You don’t have to come on to campus to attend lectures and seminars, so you won’t have to worry about relocating.
- Since there are no borders limiting our activities, our e-learning programmes are truly international awarding internationally recognised degrees.
- You’ll have the option to study at home after the kids have gone to bed, in a library, in a coffee shop – or even on the bus. In fact, if you can access the internet, you can access nearly everything you need for our e-learning courses.
- All our e-learning courses have start dates twice a year, giving you added options.
- Any qualification you earn from us by e-learning is of equal value to one obtained studying on campus.
- As well as having access to both the IBA’s and Leeds Beckett University’s libraries and electronic databases, you can use other university libraries, so you’ll have the benefit of learning resources close to where you live.
- All e-programmes are split up into modules giving you flexibility and enabling you to control your own learning progression.
- You can get on and off “the train” at any time
Support While You Study
We put a lot of time and effort into ensuring you have a great experience with us. When signing up, all e-learning students are given access to online information, which specifies exactly what is expected from you – and what you can expect from us.
Just because you aren’t learning on campus doesn’t mean you’ll have to cope on your own – you’ll have the support of dedicated academic staff while studying the individual modules, and our administrative personnel will be on hand to offer you advice about everything from academic issues to stress and anxiety.
Tools for Learning
Our students log in to a Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) instead of attending lectures or seminars in person. The VLE gives you access to course materials such as videos, e-books and other documents. You also use it to discuss the course material with your tutors and peers and to submit your assignments and receive feedback.
As well as through the VLE, you’ll communicate with us through our online webinars, and emails.
There is also an opportunity to attend an annual residential at Leeds Beckett University, if you like.
We work with specialist organisations to ensure that our e-learning programmes deliver the best qualifications possible. Our partners include:
- Leeds Beckett University
- Blackboard – they are global online learning experts, and we currently utilise their world-leading virtual learning environment (VLE)
- Network of International Business Schools (NIBS) – we are proud members of this organisation, which has accredited our programmes
- Through LBU we are also accredited by the British QAA.
With this bachelor degree, you are well-equipped for a career in an international company. You get skills that will strengthen your job options within marketing, financing and human resource management in a global market.
The BA degree is also one step further up the educational ladder to a master’s degree.