At Production Technolog programme you will study about Product Innovation, Technical Documentation, Materials and Production Technology. You learn e.g. to draw and calculate a given construction for use in business production. You also learn to calculate material usage and set up economic estimates for price.
The Production Technology programme is a two year full-study higher education programme, giving commercial qualifications within many aspects of the industry.
The production technologist’s assignments range from planning, organisation and realisation of tasks within construction, product development and manufacturing in industrial companies.
The education is thematically built in modules which during the first three terms of the education consist of various general areas as for example.
- Understanding the technology and IT,
- International relations and linguistic communication,
- Analytical problem solving and study technique.
The subjects are aiming towards the technical subjects which are:
- Product innovation (product innovation, life-cycle analysis)
- Technical documentation (technical drawing, drawing systems,—
- Materials and production technology (materials, production
processes, testing of materials, measuring techniques and
- Quality control
- Automation (control and regulation, automatic plants)
- Management technique
- Business subjects (management and co-operation, organisation,
business economics, project management, quality management,
environment, sales and service)
During the fourth term of the education a specially studied subject in either construction or Industrial business technique is offered. They each are a final examination project carried out in collaboration with an industrial company.
It is possible for the student to change his/her major subject after third term. If he/she wants to study wood, plastic or quality this can be offered in another college.
The programme is theoretical with a mixture of lectures, problem solving and project work. The assignments and projects are worked on in smaller groups or individually. Guest lecturers or visits to industrial companies are arranged when it is appropriate and contribute to the practical side of the programme.
The production engineers are in high demand both in Denmark and abroad.
The graduates may be working as:
- production engineer,
- designing engineer,
- product developer,
- mechanical engineer,
- quality engineer,
- logistics engineer,
- fields within wood engineering and environmental engineering.
Having completed your AP in Production Technology programme, you are eligible for admission to a professional bachelor (BA) programme.
Bachelor’s degree in 1½ years
- Design and Buisness
- Product Development and Integrative Technology
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship