WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
As a Bachelor of Electrical and Automation Engineering, you will be able to design, develop and implement new systems and solutions related to electrification and automation for the needs of industry, transport, housing, households and more.
Electrical and Automation Engineering Degree Content
The scope of the Degree Programme in Electrical and Automation Engineering is 240 credits. Studies take approximately four years and result in a Bachelor of Engineering degree.
Teaching in this full-time programme is mainly arranged on HAMK’s Valkeakoski campus. Studies progress at a steady pace with your student group. You will study approximately eight hours a day, five days a week. During the work week, teaching is versatile; it includes lectures, exercises, visits, group work, laboratory exercises, labour market projects and feedback on your performance.
Competence of a Bachelor of Electrical and Automation Engineering consists of several areas:
- Basic competence in Electrical and Automation Engineering includes metrology, electrical and automation field-related information and software technology, mathematical methods, physics and electronics.
- Design competence includes design processes, methods and tools, simulation methods, equipment and component dimensioning and selection, documentation, application of standards, quality systems and lifecycle approaches.
- Electrical and equipment safety competence includes the central acts, regulations and standards that govern electrical and equipment safety.
- Business administration and industrial management competence includes project operations, management, entrepreneurship, marketing and maintenance.
- Application competence includes electrical and electric power systems, building automation, process automation, production automation, robotics, machine vision and the application of technology in new application areas.
- Process, equipment and system competence includes the most important electric power production methods such as equipment, the most common production processes and machines, the sensors, transmitters and devices used in said processes and devices, as well as control and adjustment systems.
Engineers specialized in electrical and automation engineering have the competence required for designing electrification and automation for smart buildings and industrial production equipment. The engineers are able to make use of their education in applying electrical and automation engineering to different application areas, such as lighting, traffic and lift control as well as robotics.