The Programme in Computer Science combines theory with practical problem issues and provides relevant job qualifications. You will gain a thorough insight into computer methodology and concepts, business organization, economics, production management, and environmental conditions related to business.
The Computer Science programme combines theory with practical problem issues and provides relevant job qualifications. You will become thoroughly versed in computer methodology and concepts. To which must be added: thorough knowledge of business organisation, economics, production management and environmental conditions with the businesses.
The education programme takes 30 months (2½ year), and the study is divided into five semesters, 150 ECTS.
Semesters 1-3 are compulsory for all students. In Semester 4 you will specialize in two optional subjects. The 5th semester is divided into two parts. The first part is the internship, where the student works 3 months as a trainee in a company. Second part, following the internship, the student is spending the rest of the semester writing a dissertation. Normally the subject of the dissertation is to be chosen in consultation with the internship company.
The core section is divided into five subject areas:
- General: The coherence between technology and society, communication and mathematics.
- The Enterprise: Organisation, project management, economic management, environmental control and logistics.
- System Development: Strategy, analysis, design, project work, user participation, prototypes and test.
- Programming: Algorithms, data structures, programming languages, database programming and implementation.
- Technology: Safety, computer design, distributed programming, the Internet and Intranets.
You will get the opportunity of individually profiling your education through specialization courses and the analysis of themes – chosen by you – which broadly relate to the IT area. Existing specialization courses are revised and new courses developed on a regular basis. Doing the individual theme in the 4th Semester and your Dissertation in the 5th Semester, you will have the opportunity of individualising your education. You may specialise within:
- System Development and Programming
- Network Administration and IT Safety
- Multi-media development and IT strategy
- You may attend the International Line, doing a short-term study abroad.
Computer Science graduates from Zealand Institute of Business and Technology distinguish themselves by their profound knowledge of business affairs in the IT area, their mastering all phases of system development, and their excellent programming skills. In addition to academic and vocational qualifications we emphasise, independence and good interactive skills, the ability to do project work and to be focused on achieving results, interdisciplinary and holistic learning processes, the ability to communicate results, and being quality-conscious in your study, learning and development.
The Computer Science programme gives you access to many possible jobs within IT
You could work on:
- Consultancy on implementation of new technology
- Development and maintenance of IT system
- Responsibility for operating a company’s IT systems
With an AP Degree in Computer Science you can work on very different tasks and you will get the opportunity to work with people from very diverse professional backgrounds.
Possible job titles could be:
|IT System specialist||System administrator||Webmaster|
|Project manager||System consultant||Web designer|
|Software designer||System developer||Software engineer|