About VIA University College
Our study programmes are designed in close cooperation with relevant industries and taught by highly qualified teachers with experience in relevant areas. This ensures that the curriculum stays in touch with the ever changing needs of a global world, and also ensures that our students graduate as fully qualified professionals.
The department in Horsens is the largest with around 3,800 students of which approximately half are international students coming from more than 60 different countries, read more below.
In Aarhus, three of our programmes take place at VIA’s departments in Mejlgade and Halmstadsgade.
In Herning, one of our programmes takes place at VIA’s department called VIA Design. All of our departments have an active student life and excellent student support services, read more below.
About Campus Aarhus
Campus Aarhus is a totally new and modern campus with many specialties and a wide variety of international and Danish-language programmes.
Campus Aarhus is located in the center of Aarhus – the second largest city in Denmark with approximately 320 000 inhabitants.
The campus is spread over 5 buildings on a total of 46 000 square meters right in the centre of Aarhus.
Campus Aarhus contains:
- Hundreds of spacious teaching and classrooms with the newest technical equipment
- Large and bright auditoriums for lectures and speeches
- Practice rooms for dance and other forms of movement and with the latest sports equipment
- Stages for theatre performances and concerts
- A roof running track with a view of the internationally-famous Aarhus Art Museum, Aarhus City Hall and the rest of downtown Aarhus.
- Lots of sofa areas for group work and social time plus open environments with high ceilings and big windows to let in the sun
- A canteen with good, healthy food
- Large student café for socializing, Friday bar and music
- A well-equipped library with space for academic immersion
With your student card, you have access to the campus outside of class hours.
Study in the centre of Aarhus
The campus is located in the centre of Aarhus with outdoor areas near the river. It is within walking distance to the railway station and bus station.
VIA Student Incubator
At the VIA Student Incubator, students work with innovation and entrepreneurship. They learn to develop and generate new ideas and projects.
This might be the student’s own ideas, or external projects being carried out in co-operation with local institutions and companies, municipalities or regions.
Activities and advisory services
VIA Student Incubator in Aarhus offers free innovation activities and advisory services about entrepreneurship. We also offer office space in town to VIA students.
Aarhus – city with active culture and student life
Aarhus is the second largest city in Denmark. The city have a rich student environment. More about the location, read below.